It’s a tribute to Michigan’s emerging leadership in embryonic stem cell research that the World Stem Cell Summit — an international gathering of scientists, patients, policy makers and others — will open on the shores of the Detroit River this week. The decision to bring the summit to Detroit recognizes new strides in stem cell research made possible by Michigan voters’ embrace of a 2008 constitutional amendment that facilitates such research while retaining reasonable regulatory safeguards.
- New potential drugs for muscle dystrophy found using stem cells
- “World’s first” 3D printed immunized skin model enables cold plasma wound healing treatment for burns
- Stem cell memories may drive wound repair, and also chronic disease
- Attorney General James Secures $5.1 Million Judgment Against New York City Stem Cell Clinic for Scamming Patients Out of Thousands Through False Advertising
- Could platelet-rich plasma injections help avoid knee surgery? More studies may give answer.
- An Experiment Using Human Stem Cells Ended Up Reversing Diabetes in Mice
- Stem Cell Therapy Reduces Need for Nearly 10% of Hip Replacements
- New therapy harnesses “dancing molecules” to reverse paralysis, repair tissue after spinal cord injuries
- Woman Hopes Father She’s Never Met Will Save Her Life by Donating Bone Marrow
- RNA Control Switch: Engineers Devise a Way To Selectively Turn On Gene Therapies in Human Cells
- Hoag trial spells hope for patients battling aggressive form of breast cancer
- Decades of research show common stem cells could fuel advances in regenerative medicine
- Nerve Repair with Help From Stem Cells
- Breakthrough within reach for diabetes scientist and patients nearest to his heart
- Neurona Therapeutics Receives IND Clearance to Initiate Phase 1/2 Clinical Trial of Neural Cell Therapy NRTX-1001 in Chronic Focal Epilepsy Patients