Dr. Victoria Weis is currently an Instructor at the Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine (WFIRM). Dr. Weis is formally trained in gastrointestinal cell biology and pathophysiology and has expertise in disease modeling in gastrointestinal tissues. Following her Bachelor’s Degree in Biology from Washington University in St. Louis, she began her research career as a research technician studying the homeostasis of the stomach epithelium. In 2013, she earned her PhD in Cell and Developmental Biology from Vanderbilt University. Her thesis work focused on disease progression in gastric metaplasia to understand the pathophysiology and identify potential biomarkers. She continued her early postdoctoral studies at Vanderbilt University supported by a competitive T32 training grant. In this work, she investigated the molecular mechanisms of diarrheal disease in the rare pediatric congenital disorder Microvillus Inclusion Disease (MVID). In 2017, Dr. Weis joined WFIRM as a senior research fellow and promoted to a faculty position in 2021. At WFIRM, she is currently investigating a stem cell-based therapy for Necrotizing Enterocolitis, a life-threatening intestinal disease in premature infants. She has recently earned an American Gastroenterological Association Research Scholar Award for this work.
- What’s next for lab-grown human embryos?
- New Hope for Muscle-Related Diseases? Converting skin cells to immature muscle cells spurs changes, study finds
- Scientists develop brain organoids with complex neural activity
- Phase 1 clinical study reveals how stem cells alleviate COPD inflammation in humans
- Volunteers bring “tears of joy” to paralyzed resident by making Miami Beach accessible to all
- UPMC and Pitt Develop New Cancer Immunotherapy with Avalon GloboCare
- The Tennessee Institute of Regenerative Medicine Gains International Reach With New Partnership
- National Survey IDs Gaps and Opportunities for Regenerative Medicine Workforce
- The Dawn Of A New Era Of Regenerative Medicine: Tissue Engineering Comes Of Age
- The Memphis Institute of Regenerative Medicine Rebrands To Reflect Statewide Reach
- ISS National Lab to Host Session at World Stem Cell Summit on Regenerative Medicine in Low Earth Orbit
- Avalon GloboCare Announces Execution of Purchase Agreement for Acquisition of SenlangBio in All Stock Transaction
- Avalon GloboCare to Present at the Noble Capital Markets Investor Forum During the 16th Annual World Stem Cell Summit on June 17, 2021
- Avalon GloboCare To Present Its S-Layer and QTY Code Breakthrough Technology Platforms at The Prestigious Annual World Stem Cell Summit
- Non-altered birth cord cells boost survival of critically ill COVID-19 patients, study shows